Project One

Screenshot of Project One

After completing this project, I can successfully create a basic HTML webpage with different decorative elects. Even if I don't know how to do the exact style by memory, a quick google search will help me out, but understanding the difference between HTML and CSS was key in the assignment. I found myself lacking vocabulary basics as I found myself confused often between the id and class elements. The inclusion of forms into my webpage was simple due to free code camp and W3docs. I found myself having the most trouble importing my google fonts until I realized the goes into the HTML instead of the CSS code. I would like to work on making the page more interactive, as far as using links that change or creating buttons. I attempted a few times but wasn’t successful and ended up scrapping the idea.

Project One

Project Two

Screenshot of Project Two

Our bootstrap project was an extension of the tools we learned for project one. Each panel built upon itself. Panel one was challenging in that the page was not as dynamic as I wanted to be with just css and html. Much like project one, he content was on the page but it was very flat. Panel two proved simple with the help of a remade theme. Using google’s inspect element came in handy when when trying to find the specific class t make changes too. I also found it was vital to include “!important” when adding to my css to it could override the original theme html. Panel three is where all of my knowledge of css and bootstrap were put to the test to try and recreate the theme I choose. With a lot of help from www.getboostrap.com I was able to include the elements to mirror the same page.

Project Two

Project Three

Screenshot of Project Three

I was very surprised by the complexieties of Wordpress. Going into this I thought it was going to be like editing a Wix site, which I have done before. I think Wordpress is a good tool if you want to create a very simple website. I feel like it is very plain compared to even some of the things student shave made for previous projects.It took a while to get the hang of Wordpress. The making of the commerce site was fairly straight forward. Ater following the directions, it was simple to create products and its categories. Editing the overall theme

Screenshot of my newssite

The making of the newsite proved much more difficult than the shop. Throughout the creation of this site, I feel Wordpress made its process more difficult than needed. The creatoin of posts was easy. But posts to show up on the page was a hidden feature I wouldnt have figured out without outside help.

Commerce New Site

Final Project

Screenshot of Final Project

For my final project, I wanted to redesign my sorority chapter website. It was previously made with css and html coding, but it needed to be transferred to a simpler platform for easier editing in the future. This project felt like the perfect opportunity. I was confident going into the assignment as WordPress was already a platform we explored, but now I could further explore the website and what it can do. Read More on the website.

Final Project